NCTC is a registered USA Cycling Club.
In 2019, NCTC begins it's first year offering a Junior Cycling Team.
Contact L2 Cycling Coach Suzie Hosman for details.
Road Cycling: mid February - mid July
Cyclocross: mid August - mid December
Team is limited to 12 athletes DEVO, 6 Elite
2 Team Options:
DEVO - 12-19 for 'crossers with 1-2 years of experience and the desire to compete
at a higher level.
Elite - Racing Age 15-22 - must be Cat 3 (15-16)/Cat 1-2 (17-22) - this team requires athlete desire to compete at the highest level through consistent training and commitment to sport.
Steps to become part of the team:
1. contact Coach Suzie
3. Sign up for a Basic Training Account on Training Peaks
4. After receiving email from Coach Suzie, join Team Snap - this is where you register for the team, have access to team training/racing calendar, provide availability info for planned sessions,...
5. Order a kit - link below to team store. Team store closes on August 5, 2019. All racers should order jersey & bibs at minimum (skinsuit is nice, but not mandatory). Arm/Leg warmers and a jacket would prepare the rider for most weather conditions.
6. Make sure your bike and all equipment is in good working order
7. Get ready to have some FUN!!!
Fees and Practice Schedule:
Club Membership - $25 for "Team Members" (those signing up for coaching)
$50 for "Club Members" ('crossers that want a team to hang out with at the team races)
Sign up for club membership using the Contact Tab.
Coaching Fees - Entire Season $400 (this can be broken into 2 x $200 with half due August 16 and half due 6 weeks later. Billing will be done through Team Snap)
Season is 14 weeks with practices held most Tuesdays/Thursdays beginning August 20 with the final weekday practice occurring October 29. There will also be 5-6 Team races with coach present.
Practice begins on August 17 with "The Kerry Werner Cyclocross Camp" - the team will take a day trip to Banner Elk to kick off the season with Pro 'Crossers. Team members will receive a code to register for this activity (value: $40, included in coaching fees)